Author Topic: Wilburn Osborne's Second Wife, Isabel Young Laxton  (Read 3010 times)

Joseph 1962

Wilburn Osborne's Second Wife, Isabel Young Laxton
« on: August 19, 2010, 08:27:49 PM »
Can anyone tell me if they have any information on the second wife of Wilburn Osborne? I believe she was Isabel Young Laxton. Her half-brother was John Webb who boarded with the Osborne family in 1880. I would love to find someone descended from Isabel. She had several children, and I believe one of her daughters married a Neal. I appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Joe

melborre

Re: Wilburn Osborne's Second Wife, Isabel Young Laxton
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, 09:01:37 PM »
hi
I was going over my notes on my GG Gtrandfather Wilburn Osborne today and I came across  the name of his THIRD wife  Isabel Young McComas Laxton Osborne.
(They sure kept busy!!) Anyway  my info comes copies from a book (?) "From the Pen of J.C.Legg"    It was sent to one of my aunts years ago  and seems to
be written by someone in the McComas Family.

It says   Burl Jackson McComas, son of Elisha McComas and Isabel Young McComas Laxton- 1 sister and 1 brother-Nancy McComas Neal (Joe Neal husband), James
McComas married Dory Humphry McComas, 1 half brother Thomads (willie) Laxton.
Nancy McComas Neal had 5 children, Viola Neal Dorsey, Rosella Neal Brown, Dessey Neal Gibson, George Neal, Mrytle Neal (deceased age 13)
James McComas and Dory Humphry had 7 children maybe more-Meady McComas, Edmund McComas, Ruby McComas and 2 girls and 2 boys
Thomas (Willie) Laxton had 6 children by Lucretia Wilson-Lakie Laxton, Lulu Laxton, Jackie Laxton, Darrel Laxton, Lennie Laxton, Beckey Laxton and one girl
deceased at birth.
Burl Jackson McComas was born in Lawerence Co Ohio, across the river from Huntington WV. He was moved to Wyoming Co WV at age of nine months.
After Nancy and James were born, Elishia and Isabel were divorced.  Isabel then married Thomas Laxton , a col. in the army after moving to Lily Fork.
When Thomas was about one year old Isabel and Col. Laxton divorced.
She married my GG Grandfather Wilburn after his second wife Dicie Cyle died and they lived on Lilys fork of Buffalo Creek. 

And that's all I have on Isabel .  Not sure how accurate it is.  Some of the other info in these notes differs from what I have but definitely worth checking into.

Hope this  helps

Dee

Re: Wilburn Osborne's Second Wife, Isabel Young Laxton
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 05:00:24 PM »
Hey Mel,its Melody,{Dee}Wilburn was MY Grandfather,I had no idea he was married 3 times,I am so clueless on this,I have John,Wilburn and Mealys son death cert and ,Mealys name is not spelled permelia,its written,Mealey on it.I wont share it online so dont ask,I do have afacebook page now solomon and seaberry osborne family if you ever get to fb,look me up,I am posting some pictures now,and,I have Burl Mccomas,and Osceola osbornes pictures there,look me up cousin