Author Topic: Osbornes of Kentucky and Indiana  (Read 55 times)

nikkios321

Osbornes of Kentucky and Indiana
« on: October 29, 2017, 03:48:58 PM »
I have hit a brick wall in my Osborne ancestry. My line comes from Leroy C. Osborn born Feb. 5,1922 in Toledo, Ohio. His parents were Robert R. Osborne and Hazel M. Arthur. Robert was born Dec 3, 1892 in Indiana and died Mar 6, 1953 in Gary, Indiana. His parents were Moses Osborne and Margaret Aders. Moses was born Jan 1863 in Kentucky or Indiana( parents moved a few times back and forth). He died July 23, 1935 in Vincennes, Indiana. His parents are were I have trouble. They were Mathew Osborne and Catherine Osburn. They married in 1848 in Owen co., Kentucky. An Elias Osburn signed the marriage bond. Im not sure if or how he is related. It looks like there were a few Osborne/Osburn families in the area at the time. They moved to White co., Indiana then on to Fountain co., Indiana where Catherine is but not Mathew. They had 7 children. John W. born Nov 6, 1848, Sarah Elizabeth( married Willian B McKinney) born Jan 22, 1852, Elliot born c 1857, Christopher Columbus born Oct 10, 1860, James M born c 1866, George A born Nov 1869, and Moses. After 1870 there is no record of Mathew, Catherine, Elliot, James, or George. If there is, I havent found it yet. Im looking for Mathew's and Catherine's parents and when they both passed and where. I have been looking for a few years now and any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you